Opening Bank Accounts

Started by grahame, Mar 29, 2022, 03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grahame

QuoteWondering if anyone has had success opening a bank account for their guests. I have started looking into this today but all banks seem to want proof of address like a utility bill or similar and our guests will obviously not have this.

QuoteBarclays are allowing refugees to open a bank account. Once they arrive in the country they need to download the app on their phone and open an account that way.

Or https://www.natwest.com/ukraine-refugees.html
Melksham Town Councillor (South Ward) - special interests including travel and transportation, economy and climate. Retired IT trainer, helping with the Ukraine UK forum

grahame

Thank you to [name to be added] for a further post to our Facebook group - two more banking options

QuoteTo open a bank account.

Yesterday with Tetiana who is a guest of Georgia Browne we went to HSBC bank in Chippenham, they opened an account during 20 minutes. It is needed just a ukrainian international pasport. Ukrainian mobile number is ok. Bank card will arrive to sponsor's address during 5 working days. Wish a very best to Alex from this bank!

Also, for benefits and other payments it is really comfortable to open an account in Monzo - it is online bank with a very suitable app. You do not need to go to the bank, all documents are upploading throught the Monzo app from phone. They are sending card by post as well. I am using this bank more then 1 year and it is suites me. So, could recommend for people who are busy to go to the bank.

#openbankaccount
#bank
#monzo
#HSBCbank
Melksham Town Councillor (South Ward) - special interests including travel and transportation, economy and climate. Retired IT trainer, helping with the Ukraine UK forum